In order to properly use games for teaching or research, our students and faculty required a place where they could …well… play games. Enter the Educational Gaming Commons Lab – a centrally supported, state of the art facility designed to provide access to the latest games and gaming technologies.
If you are interested in using the lab for teaching or research, would like a tour of the facility, or have recommendations for new games or hardware for educational purposes, please contact us.
The lab features:
- 8 high end gaming PCs, each loaded with popular games as requested by our faculty
- 1 of each next generation gaming console (Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii)
- 5 52″ wall mounted LCD TVs as well as an central overhead projector. You can project from any console or computer (including your laptop) to any of the large screens!
- Mobility ports let you connect your laptop to the internet without the need to connect to the wireless network. Don’t risk lag!
Reserve the Lab for Classroom Use
Please fill in the Lab Request Form by following these simple steps:
- Visit Lab Request Form page and log in.
- Choose 6A Findlay from the drop-down menu.
- Complete all requested information.
Based on the availability of the room, you will receive an email that will approve or deny your request.
You may only make a request for 2.5 hours at a time. If you want the room for longer than that time period, you must make multiple requests for the same day.
You can also check on room availability for the next several months by visiting the Weekly Classroom Reservation Schedule.